Wednesday, April 2, 2008

They're coming out of the woodwork...


... I keep hearing from more and more people that they read my blog! Of course nobody comments but Mary but now I know that I have readers, so I'm motivated to keep going. Besides, I post the stuff here that nobody wants to read elsewhere.

Like today while the younger two were taking naps (which was a total fluke, by the way. Nathan doesn't nap anymore, at least not intentionally!) Hunter and I painted these clay pots. I tried to be all fancy and artistic with mine (those things at the top are supposed to be strawberries, since we're planting strawberries in them.. though they turned out more like apples! I am no artist!) yet Hunter's looks better. Go figure. Anyway, I had a blast doing that with him. I even tried to put it out of my mind that he got acrylic paint on his only decent looking pair of pants. That is my fault, of course, because I for some idiotic reason thought that because this is the kid who can eat a popsicle and not get a drop of it on his face or shirt that he would *somehow* be able to paint a pot with acrylic paints, which stain clothing, without getting it on his clothes. I think I'll go bang my head on a wall!

Anyway we had a great time. While we were doing it I was trying to think of how this could be considered homeschooling, other than the obvious-- art class-- but then I decided to just enjoy the moment. He kept commenting to me about how great mine was turning out as I kept painting it and it just made my heart melt. He is the sweetest kid ever.

No comments: