Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Its another day..


Last night I made pjs for Hunter. That was pretty cool, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It only took me about 1 1/2 hours from cutting to a finished set of Pajamas. I think they turned out cute.

Today my friend called and we went to the playground for the kids to play. That was nice to get out of the house for a bit, it was gross and rainy the last couple of days so we've just been stuck inside. The boys get a little stir crazy and drive me mad when that happens.

I really like this blog thing. I can post about random boring crap that happens to me and maybe nobody is reading it, but maybe they are. Now I don't have to harrass the Diaper Divas message board with my random threads about stupid stuff that happened during the day.

Last night I started writing out a schedule for my day and I'd really like to stick with it. Partially to keep the house work done and keep my butt off this seat but also so I'll be more involved with the kids. Some days I just let them do their own thing all day long and I feel bad for being so absent in their day-to-day activities. Sometimes I feed them, dress them, and change them but otherwise ignore them and that doesn't make me feel like a good parent. I also want to get away from the TV! Its soooo easy to let the TV become the sitter and do what I want to do. Nathan used to not watch TV at all but now that he's older he can go into TV zombie mode as quick as his brother. So thats my goal.. we'll see.

Before lunch today I decided to try this great idea I read about for entertaining the kids, involving shaving cream, food coloring and a ziplock bag. So they squished shaving cream all around inside a ziplock bag with food coloring then we snipped the corner and wrote on the patio table with shaving cream. It didn't stop there though... they got it all over themselves and finger painted in it and it was a big mess. It was fun though, but I don't think we'll try it again until maybe summer when they can get in the sprinkler to clean themselves off!

1 comment:

purple_kangaroo said...

I hear you . . . my goal this week is to spend at least 10 minutes per child letting them pick an activity for me to do with them and completely focusing on them, at least once a day.