Monday, November 13, 2006

Mornings

Ugh I hate them. I am awakened every morning between 6:30 and 7:00 by Hunter coming to my bedside and loudly announcing "Hey Mama, I'm awake now!" And then insisting that I get out of bed. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't stay up until midnight most nights, but thats my time alone and I'm not willing to give it up. So after I'm drug out of bed by my 3 year old, the 1 year old is usually waiting in his crib with a poopy diaper. Who poops first thing in the morning anyway?

Then I have to feed them breakfast. I don't know what it is about having to prepare meals but the whole "what am I going to feed them" thing really drives me nuts. I really need to plan out a menu so I don't have to turn my brain on before 10 a.m. This morning I decided to sit on the computer, and so they're parked in front of Finding Nemo until I feel like figuring out breakfast. I would LOVE to make it cold cereal but Nathan won't even eat cereal, he just drinks the milk out of the bowl. I should just give him a glass of milk, but then I'd feel like I'm depriving him because somehow it feels more like a meal if there are dried bits of food floating in the milk.

Time to go face my morning, the kids are fighting.

No comments: