Friday, January 4, 2008

So much to do, so little motivation......

I don't know what my problem is. Maybe its that I am oh, around 50 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT but I have no motivation lately. I am downright lazy. It doesn't help that I am battling this food addiction. Yesterday I was literally wandering the house in a daze, trying to keep myself from eating. Is that terrible or what? I did it though. I managed to NOT stuff my face all day. I did eat more than I should have at dinner but I realized that I can't beat myself up over my small failures or I'll give up on the whole thing. My weight is a serious issue now. I weigh more now than I have EVER in my life, except for the times that there was a baby in my belly. And that doesn't really count.

A few things I've noticed about being this overweight:
I have a hard time getting up off the couch, just like when I'm pregnant.
My legs ache after being on my feet for awhile.
My clothes are getting too tight!
Its uncomfortable to lay on my back in bed- I can FEEL the fat squishing my lungs!!
My heels crack in the summertime.

Thats just to name a few. I have finally realized that if I don't make a change now, my weight and my eating habits are going to set the tone for the REST OF MY LIFE. I don't want to get bigger, I don't want to set a stuff-my-face example for my kids. So, here I am. Once again trying to make a change. Hopefully this time it will stick. Its for my future.

No comments: