Thursday, October 4, 2007

A new beginning...

I have been in a downward spiral. I have been gaining weight, eating terribly and of course being quite sedentary. My health is in a rapid decline, I am lazy, I am losing hair, I'm constantly tired, I have very little energy, I feel depressed often, my house is a wreck.

I started reading on the internet yesterday, trying to figure out what to do. Dieting? No, I know dieting doesn't work for me. Restricting myself by counting calories? I can't do it. It doesn't work, I end up binging.

Suddenly I came across a website http://www.healthrecipes.com/ and started reading articles that spoke to me with force. I am MALNOURISHED. I am UNHEALTHY. My body is ill. The things that I put in my body are the wrong fuel. Think about it-- would you put milk in the gas tank of your car? Thats absurd! It wouldn't run! So then think about your body. Our body needs vitamins, minerals-- things that are found in FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. Not refined, processed, beaten and cooked to death so-called "foods" that are mass marketed to the public. Sure you can SURVIVE on a diet of chips ahoy and dr pepper but what quality of life will you have? You certainly won't live to your life expectancy and the life that you do have will be plagued with illness and disease.

I don't want that life. I want to be healthy. I want to live. I want my kids to live. I want to instill the right eating habits in them so they will reach for the carrot before the cookie because they can read their body signals and know that the carrot is the fuel their bodies need.

Today is a new beginning. Today starts learning the right way to eat. Giving my body the fuel it needs. I am ready. I am tired of being ill. I want to know what it feels like to be truly HEALTHY.

1 comment:

MarysCwby said...

Ya know what? Despite you talking about how Stephen likes to "write novels" or "preach in expansively articulate language" in his blogs... you occasionally do the same thing. :D But you're good at it, and yours is MUCH easier to understand than Stephen's gibberish.